Overview: AllianceBernstein is a leading global investment management and investment research firm, headquartered in New York. AllianceBernstein is a publicly-traded partnership, with a majority ownership stake held by AXA Financial. AllianceBernstein has these principal lines of business:
- Mutual funds
- Section 529 college savings plans
- Retirement planning products
- Separately managed accounts
- Pension funds & institutional investments
- Wealth management for individuals
- Institutional research
Job Openings: See this list of current job openings.
Size: AllianceBernstein reports these figures as of September 30, 2008:
- Employees = 5,660
- Investment professionals = 500
- Assets under management = $590 billion
- Operations in 25 countries
- Offices in 47 cities
- Individual client relationships = 4.2 million
- U.S. mutual funds = 37
- Non-U.S. mutual funds = 39
- Institutional client relationships = 1,770
- Serves 53 of the Fortune 100 companies
- Serves public pension funds in 37 states
Positives: AllianceBernstein is a highly-repected name in investment management and investment research, with over 40 years of company history.
Negatives: While AllianceBernstein is still strongly profitable in an absolute sense, it suffered a decline of over 33% from 2007 to 2008.
AllianceBernstein CEO Peter S. Kraus previously was head of business strategy at troubled Merrill Lynch, forced out by that firm’s new owners, Bank of America.